Last updated: May 30, 2018
You can always exercise the following rights under the contact details of our data protection officer:
- Information about your stored data and their processing,
- Correction of incorrect personal data, Deletion of your stored data,
- Restriction of data processing, if we are not yet allowed to delete your data due to legal obligations,
- Objection to the processing of your data by us and
- Data portability, if you have consented to the data processing or have concluded a contract with us.
- If you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it at any time with effect for the future.
By using this website, you consent to the privacy practices described in this policy.
Purposes of data processing by the responsible body and third parties
- You have given your express consent to the processing is required to execute a contract with you, or
- The processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation, processing is necessary to protect legitimate interests and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your information.
Information We Collect
Personal data means any information that may be used to identify an individual. Examples include name, title, work address, business phone and mobile number, email address as well as any other information such as gender that may help identify an individual. Personal data are typically collected from information you provide when you interact with our website and in actions such as:
- Contact form. If you have questions of any kind contact us by e-mail or contact form, give us your consent for the purpose of establishing contact. This requires the specification of a valid e-mail address. This serves for the assignment of the request and the subsequent answering of the same. The specification of further data is optional. The information you provide will be stored for the purpose of processing the request and for possible follow-up questions.
- When users leave comments on our site, they will also be saved the time of their creation and the username previously chosen by the site visitor. This is for our security, as we may be prosecuted for any illegal content on our website, even if created by users.
- When subscribing to our email programs such as newsletters, contact information is stored for the purposes of sending periodic communications.
- If you choose to answer surveys that we send to you, your contact information may be stored.
- Other interactions with company representatives at trade shows, conferences, via telephone or other means or in-person visits may result in the storing of personal data for the purposes of maintaining contact for the pursuit or completion of legitimate business reasons.
Usage data are information collected automatically when you interact with our website or services. Usage data contains information relating to the technology and connection information for the session, and behavior and activity information during that session. Cookies (see below) and other technologies are used by Sensortech and third parties to collect this information.
Examples of usage data may include Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect to our services, browser type and operating system of the computer, session information such as pages visited, clicks, and whether this was a return visit.
As another example, we may use Google AdWords to display advertisements to potential customers looking for our products. If you have reached our website via an advertisement served by Google, Google AdWords will set a cookie on your computer that provides information on how many people clicked on the advertisement, and how many filled out the request for information form. We use this information to improve our marketing presentation to our potential customers.
Cookies and other internet data technologies
Cookies are small files saved to your device that allow our services to identify your device and provide advanced functionalities from our website such as storing preferences or passwords. Cookies may also be employed for marketing purposes to improve our services, as described above.
Cookies cannot be used to launch programs or to transfer viruses to a computer. Based on the information contained in cookies, we can facilitate navigation and enable the correct display of our websites.
If you continue to browse this website without changing your browser’s cookie settings, you agree to receive cookies when you use this website.
Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (following: Google). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, ie text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymization on these websites, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
The purposes of the data processing are the evaluation of the use of the website and the compilation of reports on activities on the website. Based on the use of the website and the Internet, other related services will be provided. The processing is based on the legitimate interest of the website operator.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install: Browser Add On to disable Google Analytics.
In addition, or as an alternative to the browser add-on, you can prevent tracking by Google Analytics on our pages by clicking this link. An opt-out cookie will be installed on your device. This will prevent the collection by Google Analytics for this website and for this browser in the future, as long as the cookie remains installed in your browser.
Our website uses Google Conversion Tracking. If you have reached our website via an advertisement sent by Google, Google Adwords will set a cookie on your computer. The conversion tracking cookie is set when a user clicks on a Google-served ad. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages on our website and the cookie has not expired, we and Google may recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot be tracked through AdWords advertisers’ websites. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords advertisers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers are told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not receive information that personally identifies users.
If you do not want to participate in the tracking, you can refuse the required setting of a cookie – for example via a browser setting that generally disables the automatic setting of cookies or sets your browser to block cookies from the domain “googleleadservices.com”.
Please note that if you have deleted all your cookies in the browser, you must set the respective opt-out cookie again.
Remarketing and behavioral targeting
Sensortech to uses remarketing to inform, optimize and serve advertising based on past website visits by the User. This activity is performed by tracking Usage Data and by using Cookies, information that is transferred to the partners that manage the remarketing and behavioral targeting activity.
Facebook Custom Audience (Facebook, Inc.) Facebook Custom Audience is a remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects the activity of this Application with the Facebook advertising network. Personal Data collected: Cookies and email address.
Facebook Remarketing (Facebook, Inc.) Facebook Remarketing is a remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects the activity of this Application with the Facebook advertising network. Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Remarketing through Google Analytics for Display Advertising (Google Inc.) Google Analytics for Display Advertising is a remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Google Inc. that connects the tracking activity performed by Google Analytics and its Cookies with the Adwords advertising network and the Doubleclick Cookie. Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
How we use this information
Sensortech will use this information only for operation of our business and to respond to your requests. Examples of such operations include:
- When contact or support inquiry forms are filled out, we will use the information provided to contact you to provide information about our products or to respond to your request and resolve the issue.
- We may use the information provided to send a follow-up survey to request information about our interaction with you to improve our services.
- If you subscribe to our marketing or subscription service, will use the information to provide you with promotional or informational materials. You may revoke this permission at any time by opting out of our service. Please click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the communication in question or send the request to the contacts at the bottom of this policy.
How we share this information
Sensortech will not sell your personal data and will only use this information for the conduct of our business and to provide services. For these purposes, we may share your information with:
- Sensortech subsidiary companies
- Authorized representatives which are contracted to provide our products or services
- Third party service providers including shipping, marketing consultants or other contractors
- Any government or law enforcement organization to fulfill a legal request
How long we store this information
Sensortech will store this collected personal data indefinitely or as long as needed to fulfill the business purposed described above.
Sensortech makes every effort to safeguard our personal information and process it according to the definitions in this policy. You have the following rights with regards to your personal information:
- Request a copy of personal data stored in our systems
- Request that your personal data be permanently erased
- Request to be removed from any future sales or marketing communication
- Contact us to let us to file a complaint with regards to the processing of your personal data
- Request us to restrict further processing of your personal data
- Request a copy of your personal data
Questions to the data protection officer
If you have any questions about privacy, please email us or contact the person responsible for privacy in our organization:
Sensortech Systems, Inc.
341 Bernoulli Circle
Oxnard, CA 93030